Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rusted Root

Well, I'm 50 rows into my first sweater for myself. And, being the modest person I am, must say it looks FABULOUS. I'm so excited. I have a lot to do today otherwise I'd just sit and knit my little fingers off. The pattern is Rusted Root by Zephyr. The yarn is Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, I'm not sure the color--some sort of green. I go back and forth between really loving the color and not liking it at all. I think mostly I want to like the color but it lies out of my normal range that I usually wear. If all goes well I may knit this again in a rusted red color so I can feel at ease with everything. Anyhow. I feel a bit cheesy posting pictures I took of myself with the selftimer hiding in my bathroom, but here it is, 50 rows in.



14 comments:

Linz said...

Wow! What can't Aurelie make? You are so talented and I LOVE the color!!

Linz said...

AUGH!!!! I love your online store! Can I place an order for one of the garden dresses in 4T? Is that possible? I love it!!! Congrats honey, you will do so well!

Aurelie said...

Of course Miss Lindsay. Except I'm not sure I have enough of that paticular linen for a 4T. If I do, it will be yours. If not, I'll make a 4T in something else and then you can choose whether or not you love it. Otherwise, we'll just leave it in Babbling Brooke inventory. Thanks for looking. I'm excited to have a little something out there.

Nicole said...

I think it is great! - color and pattern. And I'm glad you are knitting something for yourself.

Nicole said...

And congrats on the store! It is quite fun (and I like your stuff best!). The only disapointing part is that everything is for the little girls. I need something for critter.

(Or maybe I just need to get my pregnant butt to the fabric store for inspiration and make something myself. Too bad most of my free time these days goes to patching holes in plaster and making shelves for books, kitchen, closets, you name it.)

Aurelie said...

Thank you Nicole, I'm actually feeling bad that there isn't anything for little boys. I'm going to work on that. I actually have a few things but I didn't want to list them because I have two new little boys coming into my family that I thought they would be better suited for. I'm sending critter out something TODAY! (if I get to the post office)

Kristi said...

Aurelie - I almost have to really not like you because you're so darn cute! Good thing you're one of my best friends! I want to learn how to knit, and sew, and raise twins, and landscape a yard...can I just BE you?!?! Anyway, we need to get together again!

Jolene Perry said...

Aurelie-
SO, SO awesome! I'm glad I looked at the other people's sweaters because yours is SO muc cuter! The sleeves turned out PERFECT!! You must be thrilled :)

Aurelie said...

I am. They still need the finishing cuff on them and of course about 90 more rows on the sweater but I'm very pleased. I can't wait to wear it!

Anonymous said...

Well honey, is there anything you can't do? You amaze me. So proud of you and this is a great idea. Your items are so beautiful; I just don't know where and how you find the time. Do you ever sleep? Your yard looks like it is going to be wonderful. You might want to check out the sq foot gardening method for some vegetables and herbs. I just made the best sort of a combination pizza and (can't remember the name) any way has two crusts. I just brought the crust up and left some in the middle open. Our fresh basil, tomatoes and baby yellow neck weregreat in it. We love and miss you but thank you so much for posting as you do. It is great. Grandma xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

btw I love the sweater and the color xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Cute, but a bit short!! Haven't we had the mid-drift discussion before?........FIFI next?

Cousin Tori said...

Cousin Aurelie, I really like that color on your new sweater. How cool it is that you know how to knit! Maybe someday I will learn how to knit too.

Aurelie said...

Cousin Tori--
I love to knit. I just learned how this year, in March. It is so much fun. One day you'll be able to too!