Editing to Add: Along with crafting letters I've opened a little online boutique, Babbling Brooke. Today is the first day things go on sale. I was invited to join a bigger group, which is why I started mostly. The congo is here. I'm not going to be contributing a lot, just a few things here and there because, well, I'm still, foremost, a Mama to toddler twins. There are some free lotteries at all the vendors sites, so come enter for cute free stuff. New items will stock on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month.
Crafting. Beautiful big letters hang over the kids beds now.
"What does that say?"

Other news. Uncle Jeremy (pronounced Uncle Germy) is going to Korea to teach English. He's our barber too so Stuart got one last haircut on Father's Day. If I don't get too crazy with his hair getting long, he'll be growing his hair until Germy returns.
"STUUUUEEEY"
"No, that says Alison. See it hangs over Alison's bed?"
Turn around and point to the big S word.
"What does that word say over Stuey's bed?"
"AAALLLLIII"
[repeat above process 15 times with little variation]Yeah, whatever.
And of course, a series of entries wouldn't be complete without a picture from the zoo. They have a white alligator there this season called The Ghost of the Bayou. The exhibit is really well done and the white alligator is awesome. The twins don't realize that all alligators aren't white so they were much more interested in 1. the misting system 2. the normal baby alligators at the end of the exhibit.
Also, we had our second tragedy at the zoo. The first tragedy occur ed last winter. We lost Alison's pink buddy (you know, the one that she sleeps with every night, cuddles when she's sad, and keeps fastidious tabs on except for when we were at the small animal house at the zoo). I called a few times over the next few weeks, nothing. I knew our old neighbor across the street had one just like ours. I was ready to break and enter their house in the dark of night and steal from a 3-year old. That is what life without buddy was like, torture. Luckily, Abby kindly gave Alison the new clean pink buddy with little negotiation. So, the second tragedy happened last week. Stuart loves trucks. He doesn't go anywhere without them. You'll often see him with 6 or seven piled in his arms. He has two favorites, a green garbage truck and a yellow school bus (which we incidentally stole from our 3-year old neighbor). I wouldn't let him bring those for fear that we would lose them. We finally settled on bringing the twactur (tractor) and 2 twucks. One of the trucks now sadly lives in the elephant cage. Sadly, I wasn't willing in recovering it for my sweet boy. Thankfully it wasn't the green garbage or yellow bus--see, I do learn from past mistakes. Anyhow.
The scene of the accident.
We've been loving the summer. Painting.
3 comments:
Beautiful letters! You are so talented! Looks like you have been having a great summer! Auri also liked the white alligator, but LOVED the babies! Sorry for the truck in the elephant pit! Poor Stu!
Deaw Stuart,
I'm sorry that you lost your twuck in the ewephant cage. I have another. Tell your mommy she can just have it because I get scared when frantic mommies come pounding on my door in the middle of the night, desperate for my toys to soothe their screaming children...
I don't really understand what it's like to lose a beloved toy. I have no attachments. Mommy tries to make me love Mr. Hugger Bear, but I insist on chucking him across the room every night. He has knitting stuff all over him.
Love,
Abby
Cousin Aurelie,
Is that my old easel the twins are using?!? They are such young artists!
Post a Comment