Thursday, January 03, 2008

Nothing to do

When there is nothing else to do, put on your glasses, hang out with your friends, and pretend it is summer. We fed the ducks this morning. They were so happy to see us. In the summer, they are over fed. Some sunny summer days they won't eat unless you hit a duck in the head with a piece of bread and its mouth happens to be open. Today when we drove up, every duck in the whole pond swam over to greet us before we had unbuckled car seats. All the grass is covered with snow and the ducks struggle to get out because the edges are all iced over. Kind of like a bug in a bathtub, they kept sliding back in. I keep thinking they will go to Las Vegas for the winter, but I think these ones are staying. They are tough. Guess not many people are still feeding them--they'll come right up and eat out of your hands. Alison was able to pet a large goose while it ate cheerios from my hand. It was fun, but it was also 19 degrees, so after 30 minutes it was 10:00 AM and we still didn't have much to do. We made hot chocolate. We dressed up. We play-doughed for an hour. We built tunnels and towers. What are we going to do until March?



7 comments:

John or Renee said...

Maybe stay in the kitchen and cook? There must still be kitchen problems.

Jolene Perry said...

Yeah, I'm worried about what the heck to do with my kids until May. It SO much easier at Emma's age. So that's something to look forward to.

The San Diego Mills said...

Aurelie,
Hey there, this is Melissa Jones (now Mills). We took all our ECE classes together at UNLV. I found your blog through a friend of a friend's blog. (Hopefully you don't think that's weird!) Anyway, if you want to check out my blog I would love to hear from you. The address is: http://lissrynady.blogspot.com/

Linz said...

What a beautiful fairy princess!

We are in a rain rut. Hopefully that will clear up soon!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You could come visit us in bitter cold Indiana.

Aurelie said...

Such thoughtful comments to this one. M or D Iroz. Kitchen came. Kids love it. Needs a seperate post for sure. It is so funny. I guess I forgot to mention the 28 "hot sugar, Mommy! for you! want more!?!" I drank.

Emma, easier. You're just trying to make me feel better. I know it.

Thank you Lindsay. Here's to clear skies.

Stephanie. You have clever brilliant ideas. That would be fun.

The San Diego Mills said...

Alright lady, I'll add you as one of my friends! I'm excited to be back in touch with you. I can't believe how big your kids are and they are so cute!