Me: You get to go to your friends house.
Alison: Abby's house?
Me: No not Abby's house. A different friend. Ellie. Remember Ellie?
Alison: No Ellie house. Abby house.
Me: No Alison, we're not going to Abby's house. This is different. We're going to something sortof like nursery at Ellie's house.
Alison (and Stuart who until now was indifferent): NO NURSERY!
Me: Okay. Right, we're not going to nursery. Do you want to go to school?
Alison: Yeah! School. Ali go school.
Settled. It's all in how things are phrased.
School is a 2 hour neighborhood coop that rotates houses each week. We have 8 kids involved. Stuart and Alison LOVED it today. When I went to pick them up they didn't want to go home. "No snow boots. No home!" They played with their friends and ate snacks and made shapes with pipecleaners and fruit loops. I appreciate the time they get to spend away, learning and socializing. (Thanks for organizing Hilary!)
While they were at school, I went shopping, ALONE. It was heaven. I bought myself some clearanced gloves, white and pink, and a hat--each less than $2. Alison thinks they belong to her. She put the pink hat and gloves on and refused to take them off. The conversation went something like this.
Me: Those are my gloves and my hat.
Alison: No Mommy. Alison's mittens. Alison's hat.
Me: No Alison, Mommy's. I bought them for me. To keep my head warm and my hands warm.
Alison: No Mommy. Ali's pink mittens. Ali's pink hat.
Me: Nope. They are too big for you. They are my size.
Alison: No Mommy. Purfect!
Me: You can wear them inside but when we go outside I am going to wear them.
Alison: Ali wear them. Mommy wear wipe (white) mittens.
Me: Sometimes I'm going to wear the pink ones.
Alison: No. Ali pink. Mommy wipe.
Me: Alison.
Alison (the little stinker): Maybe next time Mommy.
I may be going back and spending another $4.00 because I can't resist her cuteness.
Onto towers. Very fun.
Check out Stuart in the background.
Whose turn is it to knock this one down. Yours? Mine?
This was a moment after she told me, "Maybe next time Mommy."

There is a video that is supposed to go here but it won't load. I don't have good luck with Blogger Video. I'll try OneTrueMedia or Photobucket later.
5 comments:
I sometimes miss living in a neighborhood. There's a pre-school share thing here too but it covers about 10 miles of highway.
Also, your kids are the cutest things EVER...well, since mine.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
Does Ryan know he missed out on paper towel towers? Cuz we're totally doing that tomorrow, Gramma went to Costco for us today.
Also, hooray for shopping alone!
Wow, big post Aurelie. Thanks.
Great towers!!! Wow!! ANd Jolene is right - your kids are the cutest things EVER!!
I like your (well maybe Ali's) hat! She is so cute!
That's so cute that your little girl had to have that hat and those mittens. Very cute pictures!
I definitely need more details on this kid coop. I'd love to start one in my area. C'mon, spill...
Way cute. The paper towel tower is a great idea! I'm impressed. Of course we didn't have paper towels when your dad was growin up. We had to do with a roll of scotch tape. It usually would take up a while of their time. My mother used to put honey on a baby's fingers and give them a feather to play with. That took up some time also. Mother's are ingenious aren't they. Thanks for the great update. The pictures and everything is great. We love you as always. Grandma xoxoxo
Post a Comment