Friday, January 18, 2008

Its Hard Being Two

Today, I woke up with boogers in my nose. And a fever. I said, "Mommy, BOOGERS in my nose!!! Mommy, where are you! Boogers. Boogers in my nose!" Mommy came down but said it was still dark and that I needed to go back to sleep. But I couldn't. I had boogers in my nose.

When I went to eat my breakfast, Mommy told me that I couldn't use my purple cup because it had to be put in the washer. I didn't want to put it in the washer. I've been using it for the last 2 days. It works fine. I wanted it back. Mommy said I could use my pink cup. I didn't want my pink cup. I. WANT. MY. PURPLE. CUP. I cried for 20 minutes and told everybody I wanted my purple cup. Mommy wouldn't get it out for me. She told me, "It will be okay, when this light turns red, it will come out nice and clean and you can use your purple cup." But it isn't going to be okay. The light won't turn red forever. Mommy said, "When you are done crying I'll come out," and locked herself in the den.


I didn't want to put on clothes. I want to wear jammies. I told Mommy, "Wear jammies ALL DAY!" and I wrinkled my forehead a little for effect. She finally said, "Okay, but you can't wear jammies forever." I was wearing my pink heart jammies but later I found my bird jammies. I don't want my pink hear jammies anymore. I want my bird jammies. I told my Mommy, she said, "If I'm changing your clothes, I'm not changing you from jammies to different jammies."
I. HATE. MY. HEART. JAMMIES.

Then, Stuart was locking himself in the closet and I was saving him. He didn't want to be saved anymore.

Later, I was painting on my little table. I accidently dropped all my watercolors on the carpet, upsidedown. Mommy made me stand outside the room while she put things back together. But I didn't want to stand outside the room. I wanted to paint and all my watercolors were splattered on the carpet. I cried a lot. Stuart cried too and he didn't even splatter his watercolors. Mommy made him stand at the doorway with me.


Then, Nandy was very sick... and very hungry. I opened some instant oatmeal and got out a pink bowl. I mixed it with milk I found and put it on the ground next to Nandy. I only spilled a sort of big mess. Stuart wanted some too. So I made him some in a green bowl. He spilled a little more. Mommy found us and vacummed all the spills up. I wanted some oatmeal too. I yelled and said I want oatmeal. Mommy said, "Eat the oatmeal in the pink bowl." NO!!! THAT. IS. NANDY'S. OATMEAL!!! She finally understood and let me make orange bowl oatmeal. After it was made I remembered I hate oatmeal (today). I said, "Peanut butter bread please!" Mommy sighed really loud and brought my bread and apples. Then I remembered I hate peanut butter bread too (today). Mommy locked herself in the den again.


It is SO hard being two. SO. HARD. And it isn't even naptime yet, though the thought of it is making me cry.
I. HATE. NAPS. TOO.


Luckily, my Grandma I sent me a picture of a turtle in the mail. Stuart got a picture of a fish. That part was the only fun part today. Thank you Grandma!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

That does sound hard!

Unknown said...

I totally get you Ali, I had a terrible day like that too and my DADDY who gives me cookies for dinner was out of TOWN!!
Love, Emma
(Who is now in bed wearing her "fish" dress instead of pajamas.

Unknown said...

Just read to Mike, he cried. Out of laughter and TOTAL understanding. Well, almost total. He isn't trapped for as many hours as mommies are.

Linz said...

I totally understand Ali! It is rough! I mean - why oh why can't we use the cup we want? Humph.
- Auri

John or Renee said...

Glad the pictures came through for you. We all have rough days too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the turtle wasn't asleep like grandpa's turtle at his house.

Mari Burgess said...

K...I have to apologize, I have your link on my favorite list and every day I curse you because every day I click on it, it is STILL on the "christmas" one and I get really irritated and although I never said anything, or rather post my disgust..I did think it. I apparently just needed to refresh the page!! On the other hand, I had like 5 POSTS to catch up on!! Way fun!! Anyway, sorry for my mean thoughts!

Anonymous said...

You are hullarious! Really, Nicole gave me your blog back in November and I check it from time to time just for the laughs. You should start submitting short stories to the local parent/children magazines. You really have a gift for taking the good over the bad.
Hayley