Thursday, January 03, 2008

2008

It's a funny thing when the holidays are over. Such a strange mixture of sadness and relief. At least for me--I'm not the only one who felt a tinge of happiness on December 26th, am I?
The lights and decorations are all put up except for this one lone angel that somehow escaped. He looks ticked that he's witnessing the birth of my Africa Nativity Jesus. We had our nativity comissioned to be carved when we were visiting the Ivory Coast several years ago. Our woodworker, who incidently was Muslim, gave us this angel for free to accompany our manger scene complete with a ferocious lion, giraffe, hippo, strangly out of porportion sheep, rhino, and elephant. It makes me laugh each year.

Ryan went back to work. I allowed the kids to finish their holiday chocolate for breakfast several days ago. (I usually don't cook rolos for breakfast, don't worry. Only in the spirit of getting rid of the last of the forever lasting holiday junkfest.)
And I'm drinking, what will possibly be my second to last eggnog of the season. Which is probably a good thing. I don't know how many consecutive eggnogs I could drink, totally 220% of my saturated fat intake a glass, without some serious health implications.

I'm frightened excited when I think about what 2008 will possibly have in store for us.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

Yes, sad relief, I'm with ya. I now have the compulsion to go through all of my closets, garage, hiding places for stuff I don't know what to do with and get rid of everything I'm not using at this particular moment. We'll see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

2008 will be a great year for your little family I just know. We love you as always and happy to see our little people so happy. You and Ryan are good parents. xoxoxoxo

Linz said...

HAHA! Happy New Year! I would love to see your manger scene sometime!

I hope 2008 is a wonderful year for you! (Is there anything specific that your frightened of?)