Grandma and Grandpa I's house was fun. Only at Gma and Gpa's house can you eat as many avocados as you want in your Sunday best on barstools with no bib.
Grandpa got a truck for Stuey. He pushed it around everywhere fast. At first he ran it into the walls. I cringed each time and was thankful it wasn't at my house. Soon Stuart learned to maneuver it though and sped through the house dodging corners and furniture. He loved it. Grandpa also provided the kids with harmonicas. It is quite difficult to teach a young toddler to blow but we start them young. They didn't figure it out there but have since coming home and the harmonicas are a favorite in our house. Nothing like haveing a day filled up with the breathing in and out on the same pitch for hours. (uuuuuhhh-ahhhh, uuuuhh-aahhh, uuuuuhhh-ahhhh, uuuuhh-aahhh, uuuuuhhh-ahhhh, uuuuhh-aahhh, uuuuuhhh-ahhhh, uuuuhh-aahhh, uuuuuhhh-ahhhh, uuuuhh-aahhh). Harmonica playing has become a bit of a tradition though in my family. My Dad has been the mystery harmonicaist, or is it harmonist, whatever, at work for many years. Click here to check out my brother on a mission in Brazil playing his harmonica. Fun huh?
Grandpa also fed the babies ice cream. They would open their mouths and tip their little heads. I'm telling you Grandpa is a cool dude. Alison used to cry a bit when she would see him. My how things have changed.
5 comments:
Yay!!! So cute, I especially like the filling pockets with rocks, so funny. Miss you love you
Oh!! They are so cute!! I am glad that you had fun! I love seeing their little personalities! Oh, BTW, your brother is a great harmonicaist and singer! How fun!!
Funny huh. I know the spirit was probably very strong in that meeting but I don't know if I've ever seen him sing seriously. I loved it. He sent it home on a picture CD and I had to help my mom put it online. Bahhaaahaa.
This is a great post sweet Aurie. How come I have such cute cute munchkins? How fun it was to see them enjoying their Chritmas vacation. I hope they will come often so they will always remember how much we love them. Soooooooo fun to see your dad interact with them. He has been waiting a long time to spoil a grandchild and I am so happy for you all. I guess getting two at once sort of made up for all the waiting. We love you all so much. xoxoxoxoxo
How come we don't see any pictures of Stewart and Allison visiting Madison in Las Vegas??? Oh wait, that's because they didn't!! Just kidding, we understand how busy it is when you have family and lots going on. They sure are cute!!
Post a Comment