Friday, January 05, 2007

Snow!

I remember in my childhood mind the distinguishing attributes of Utah as fry sauce and snow. We've come to speed regarding fry sauce. Snow? Not so much.

Stuart seems annoyed that it covers all his favorite places to play. Alison, thinks it is quite tasty but still rather cold and slippery. Ryan is really good about shoveling the walks so the kids can push their toys around. Stuart pushes his truck until it almost catches a bit of residual snow, they he stops looks at me and yells, "Uuuhhh! uh!?!." Translated roughly to, "Mama, there is snow in my way and it might get on my truck that I'm trying to push. Come over and get rid of it so I can continue on my way. Please!?!" He waits until I kick the snow out of the way or redirect his truck in a different snowfree direction.

Yesterday morning before breakfast I noticed that the snow had all melted while we had been in Las Vegas and that the weather was warmish (42 degrees). I made lofty plans to take the new radio flyer that Grandma and Grandpa Iroz bought them for Christmas out on a walk. They like it fine in the basement, but even without furniture our basement is a tad small for the turning radius of the little red wagon. Before they babies had finished their french toast the snow was coming down fast. It didn't stop all day. Radio Flyer Status: Cancelled

Today Stuart has been in a mood. One of those moods where he wants to be held but is still a complete stinker while being held until I lose all ability to access the soothing patient Mama and instead revert to the tight squeeze. You know (well maybe you don't, maybe I'm the only one) the one where you are snarling, "I love you snuggly-uggle-lovey-bug," through clenched teeth. I felt a bit cooped and we were going to meet our friends across the street who we all like a whole lot.

They don't really like the snow today either. Maybe next year?



With Abby's help we did find two tolerable activities.

BTW: Totally sacrificed my bathroom to bring you this entry. Committed or crazy?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Aurelie,
You are fast!!! Hopefully we'll get to use those snowman kits soon...
Rachel

Linz said...

What great pictures! I love the one of Stu crying and reaching for you! And the annoyed, but grudging acceptance of the swing. What a cutie! And thanks for the bathroom sacrafice! We appreciate it!

Jolene Perry said...

Did you lock them in there or what?? Pretty funny.

I'm glad those two are getting accustomed to snow, Emma still bathes in it until she's near frostbite and we drag her in kicking and screaming.