Monday, March 10, 2008

Trains

Stuart is obsessed. Truly. For Family Home Evening tonight we took trax, the public rail system, to the Gateway (an outdoor shopping mall). He loved every moment, waiting, riding, boarding. Alison told me, "Mommy. I loves twains. No more cars, only twains." I explained that trains can only go where there are tracks and sometimes we'll have to take cars because they can go on roads. As she processed this logic, I sensed she wasn't pleased. We ate dinner at the Gateway, shopped for season passes to the children's discovery museum there, watched the fountain, and got back on the train. Sadly, we couldn't take the train home with us. It was so pathetic watching Stuart call after his train as it got smaller and smaller, "No no twain. Come back! COME. BACK. Stuart's twain come back. please."

12 comments:

Linz said...

They are the cutest children!!! As cute as mine!! I'll bet Stu drew more than one look of sympathy from passers by as he called for his train to come home! What a doll!

Chrissy said...

So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw! At least he's polite in his demands.

:)

Nicole said...

So fun! Tell Stu that when he comes to visit me that we can take buses and trains every day if he wants.

John or Renee said...

I love Stuart holding hands with Ryan and they both have their free hand in their pocket. Stuart does it just like Dad.

Stacie said...

Stuey, if I could, I would send that train right to your front door! I'm sure your mother would just absolutely LOVE that!! Boys and their trains...is it a y chromosome thing?

Mari Burgess said...

K, have you fallen off the face of the earth? I've left a few messages! Call me! Thanks for my cute package, you are so sweet. Love the dress

Indika said...

How cute!! My nephews love trains too! I cant wait until my baby is here!! Only 4 weeks left! Oh you had asked for my address so here it is : 9113 Sunnyfield Dr.LV,NV 89134. Take care!

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Loved the pictures. How fun for them. What wistful looking little faces. How I love them!

Brandi Lyn said...

How precious are those two kiddos?! Those pictures look like proffesional ones that come in the frames you buy. SO CUTE!!

Mari Burgess said...

K, if I click on your blog one more time and see "Trains" I may not try anymore...how sad would that be?!?! Very sad, thats what I thought

Pamela Williams said...

ha ha, its so funny to see how amazed they are! jaws dropped & everything...