Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Friends!

I love Easter. It is such a special time to remember our Savior, Jesus Christ, and his Atonement. Last night, over pizza, we were prepping Alison and Stuart for what was going to happen today. We talked about how people made a bad mistake and killed Jesus Christ but that he lived again and he lives now. We talked about how special Jesus is and how thankful we are for him. We told them about how we celebrate Easter now, Easter bunny, church, and new clothes.

Well, our Easter bunny came last night. He brought Alison and Stuart each a small toy (our Easter Bunny didn't bring any sweets). I asked Alison, "Who brought you your new duck?" She exclaimed, "Jesus Christ did!" At least she knows who this holiday is really about.

We went to church. The Bishop felt obligated to rectify our no-candy bunny. The kids came home and unwrapped all their goodies and are now napping before we eat ham and dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Enjoying the Bishop's candy.Cousin Martin also has a blue knit vest because Mommy accidently misread the pattern the first time she was making it. The shirt was made using my new best sewing friend, Ottobre Design. It is a patterning magazine printed in Finland that I subscribe to--so fun. Alison using her potty with her dress on.This is Alison walking backwards, laughing, because walking backwards is the funniest thing ever.

7 comments:

Linz said...

Alison looks beautiful in her dress! And Stu looks like such a handsome little man! I am glad the Easter bunny skipped treats. Ours didn't, but the dog saw to it that the kids didn't get much before morning... boo! Bad dog!! HAHA! (she did that at Christmas too...)

Jolene Perry said...

Wow Aurelie. Seriously?? Where do you find the time for this stuff???
It took me nearly two weeks to do one dress for Emma (Ottobre) and it still needs to be hemmed. You are INSANE.
Everything is beautiful, as always. That sweater is great and I'll need some info on the shirt.

Jolene Perry said...

Oh, our easter bunny didn't bring much in the way of treats either. Just chocolate bunnies, one of which melted on the table...

The San Diego Mills said...

Your kids look so adorable! I love Alison's little purse, very cute!

Lauren said...

I love all the things you make! Looks like you had a fun easter!

Brandi Lyn said...

AW!! Your little girls dress is BEAUTIFUL!! She looks like a little princess. Your kids ARE SO CUTE!!

Pamela Williams said...

i would have to say that walking backwards IS the funniest thing ever

:-)

DID YOU GUYS GET MY EASTER PACKAGE YET?!