Friday, September 15, 2006

We had a BIRTHDAY!

We woke up ready to be one. You know we're not nothings anymore. It wasn't really that different. Mom said that even one year olds have to have clean diapers and that kindof made us angry--even on our birthday.

We had a nice day. We made birthday cookies and took birthday naps and ate birthday lunch (mmm, hotdogs).

Then the fun began. Our uncles and grandpa and grandma pahnke and aunt kelsie came over. We ate pizza for our birthday dinner and had some very VERY yummy cake. Mom got us our own cakes so we didn't even have to share


"Hmmm, what is this?"

"This is SO yummy!"

"Mom, my sippy cup is GONE!"

There is only one thing we can think of that is better than birthday cake and that is birthday candles. Mmmmmm.

Into the bath. The frosting really didn't wash off well so it mostly got rubbed in after the bath as a skin conditioner.

After bath we opened presents. Grandma and Grandpa Iroz sent up these really nice boxes. Inside there were coats. (Thank you!)

Our friends in Las Vegas sent up presents. We REALLY like them (thank you S, M, B, L, & BT).Uncle Jeremy got us piggy banks. He says it is important to learn to save your money early. I think I like kissing mine better.
Mom and Dad gave Stuart these really cool trucks.
Mom and Dad wanted to get Alison a doll but Dad went shopping and said they were all too creepy so she got trucks too. (She really likes them.)
"STUEY! THERE IS SOMETHING ON YOUR HEAD. It's alright, don't worry, I'll get it!"

Thanks for thinking of us on our special day and looking at our pictures. Also, Aunt Emily, we love you and are thinking of you. We hope you feel better soon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BABIES..you are adorable and I love your cake pics!!
Love,
PW aunt Jessica811550

Linz said...

Happy Birthday Cuties!!!! We miss you so much! I am so glad you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

So hard to believe everyone is turning one.... I asked about you the other day, glad to see all is well...

Happr Birthday Stuart and Alison

Mari Burgess said...

Happy birthday Ali and Stu!! AND....HAPPY YOU GET YOUR BABY HAWK FOR SURE DAY!!!

Jolene Perry said...

Thanks for the pics!!! I thought about them turning one as I turned...30...oh yeah. From what I can see of your house, it's great!
Jolene

Stacie said...

You made it, Aurelie! Your babies are now one and well on their way to full blown toddlerhood. And what cute little babies they are! Those pics are more than adorable and you did it once again (the cookies, the cakes, WOW). Aurelie, you have a wonderful knack of being very humble for your amazing talents- that was an adorable first year B-Day! Kiss those babies for me!
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Great Grandma and Grandpa Clark want to wish you two adorable babies a very Happy Happy Birthday too. Grandma thought she had all the birthdays covered for this month and darn it all I forgot all about you two. Can it be a year already? Mari reminded me a while ago and then I forgot. Sorry my sweethearts. Your pictures are so fun to look at and you did have a wonderful celebration I can see. We hope to see you soon in your new home and love you all so much.

Lindsay said...

When Chris and I looked at the pictures he couldn't believe you gave them each their own cake and let them go at it. I explained that is what you do for the first b-day! Looks like fun and I want pictures/tour of the new place. I would love to move to Zion--keep your eyes open for a job...

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm sorry I couldn't be there. But, I will be comming in November!