Saturday, July 15, 2006

In an attempt to be a spontaneous fun mom

The other day I woke up determined to do something that the kids would like to do. Lately, it seems like they have just had to put up with helping Mom, a lot. We clean the house, we grocery shop, we do the dishes, we get new filters, we go to home depot... and while they are always so helpful, we haven't done a lot of activities just for the babies. I decided I would take them to the community recreation pool. They have a swim area for kids that has fountains, a humongous 9" deep pool, shade, and everything needed for baby bliss.

Well, we packed the babies up and put them in the car (and the sunscreen and the extra diapers and the stroller and the towels and the juice cups and the extra milk bottle and the snacks and more sunscreen and the hats and swim diapers and change of clothes and the advil for mom). When we got there we found out that some other little kid had puked in the pool and it was closed for the next hour and a half. WHAT!?! I was trying to be a fun spontaneous--okay as spontaneous as you can be with 10 month old twins--mom. Determined I borrowed the nemo sprayer from our neighbor and set it up on the front porch. They liked it just as much I think. Alison especially liked drinking the water from the hose and playing in the mud. And of course they both love to terrorize my plants every chance they get. Here is Stuart playing under the tomato plants. Then it was time to clean up--just as fun as the activity.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: