After much anticipation for dance class to start this fall, Liza found that she loved dance. Sometimes she doesn’t like the interruption of her day to go to her weekly lesson. Occasionally, she will choose to watch her lesson from my lap when things don’t go how she expects (I won’t let her dance with a playmobil princess in each hand or her favorite spot is taken) and we all know that sometimes Lu can have a mood that isn’t easily shaken for indiscernible reasons. It was with this in mind that I predicted a 90% chance of a charming performance day.
When she woke up she didn’t want to get into the bath but later she declared, “I need makeup… And lipstick too,” and I knew we had recovered. Together we watched each class do their song and then she would ask if it was her turn. When I finally said yes she bounced up onto the stage.
Miss Julie has a lovely little studio behind her house and more patience with these little people than anybody I’ve ever met. They love her and rushed for a hug after each number. I’m thankful for Miss Julie too and this weekly activity with Eliza.
Liza loved getting flowers afterwards and having her Grandparents there, even far-away Grandpa.
For those that missed it, we took video.
1 comment:
Thank you Aurie for being so good to post updates and events. It really does mean a lot to me. It's second best to being there in person. Your dad was anxious to be there and it was fun to have him here for a night on his way. It was good to see you over the Holidays.
We do love you so much. Come see us. Grandma
Deanie xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment