Thursday, June 04, 2009

Broccoli Love


With the hot weather, I think our broccoli will go to flower quickly so we started harvesting some. I don't know how many sideshoots we will gather later but we are loving the heads we have. This is my first time growing broccoli. It was so much fun that I'm hoping for a fall crop. (If I can clear some space early enough or companion plant.) I've heard good things about broccoli productivity in the fall for our climate.

3 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

Awww, Lucky!! We're planting our starts today!

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Yes they do better in the cool. We had a great winter crop and also brussel sprouts if you like them. The kids would love how they grow. They are so pretty. Happy you are loving gardening as much as I do.

Stacie said...

I can't believe you have home-grown broccoli! Does it taste better that way? I wouldn't doubt it. What else did you grow?